Gyms in Manila
Major chain gyms like Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness and Fitness First have multiple locations in the Manila area. Please see [Gyms for the short-term visitor to the Philippines – General Information] for information about these gyms.
Below I have compiled information on other gyms specific to the Manila area. View all gyms in a single map.
- Zest Power Gym
- Location: Cubao, Quezon City [Map]
- Prices for short-term visitors: 60PHP (single visit) / 500PHP (month). No membership required. Good for short-term visitors.
- Opening hours: 8:30 – 20:00 (Mon-Sat), 8:30 – 12:00 (Sun)
- Facilities: Zest Power Gym is a non-profit gym with no frills like air-conditioning. It looks pretty run down and dingy, but it has solid equipment: 5 bench presses, 2 power racks, 2 squat racks, 2 deadlift platforms, overhead press rack, leg curl/extension, cable crossover, preacher curl and T-bar row. It’s a serious gym for powerlifters – no fuckery here. Click here for a video tour of the gym!
- Notes: The official website doesn’t work. But you can call 09178844120 for inquiries.
- Level X Fitness Gym (Link to website)
- Location: Makati, Manila [Map]
- Prices for short-term visitors: 550PHP (single visit) / 1500PHP (month).
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 22:00 (Mon-Fri), 8:00 – 20:00 (Sat, Sun)
- Facilities: Like many gyms here, there is a focus on group classes (Zumba, Yoga, Dancing, etc.) From what I can see, the free weights area is pretty small. But at least there is a power rack, a few benches, cable crossover, kettlebells, dumbbells and lat pulldown.
- Notes: They offered me a free trial for 3 days when I contacted them on Facebook.
- 121 Gym Fitness (Link to website)
- Location: Santa Cruz, Manila [Map]
- Prices for short-term visitors: 250PHP (3 hours) / 2,300PHP (month)
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 23:00 (Every day)
- Facilities: This looks like a very well-equipped gym for a serious trainee. Several power racks, lots of benches, barbells, heavy dumbbells and all the other equipment you would desire. Facility looks nice and clean.
- Inspire Fitness Gym
- Location: Mandaluyong, Manila [Map]
- Prices for short-term visitors: 200PHP (single visit), 500PHP (week), 1200PHP (month)
- Opening hours: 8:00 – 22:30 (Mon-Fri), 9:00 – 18:00 (Sat-Sun)
- Facilities: Looking past the questionable wallpaper and interior design, we can see that this gym actually has a small but reasonably equipped free weights area. There is a Dip/pull up station, T-bar row, benches, a leg press, preacher curl, dumbbells (that go up to 70lbs at least), cable crossover and last but certainly not least, a power rack.
- MacroFit Gym Manila
- Location: Pasig, Manila [Map]
- Prices for short-term visitors: 75 PHP (single visit) / 850PHP (month)
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 22:00 (Mon-Thu), 6:00 – 21:00 (Fri), 8:00 – 20:00 (Sat), 8:00 – 17:00 (Sun)
- Facilities: Very clean, sleek looking gym. It looks brand new. Looks a little small, but it has a power rack, deadlift platform and heavy dumbbells so that’s enough to know it’s decent. See the photos for the other equipment.
- They also serve whey for 55PHP a scoop, as well as fat burners and even boiled eggs for 10PHP each! That’s convenient!
- Notes: This gym is apparently so new that it doesn’t even show up on Google maps. So I’ve highlighted the restaurant on the same intersection as a guide.
More gyms coming soon…
Have you been to any of these gyms? Leave a comment and let us know what you thought!
Do you know any other gyms in the Manila area suitable for short-term visitors? Submit a gym review!